- Sadler, P. M., Sonnert, G., Coyle, H. P., Cook-Smith, N., & Miller, J. L. (2013). The influence of teachers’ knowledge on student learning in middle school physical science classrooms. American Educational Research Journal, 50(5), 1020-1049.*
- Sadler, P. & Sonnert, G. (2018). The path to college calculus: The impact of high school mathematics coursework. Journal for Research in Mathematics Education, 49(3), 292-329.*
- Kitchen, J. A., Sonnert, G., & Sadler, P. M. (2018). The impact of college‐and university‐run high school summer programs on students’ end of high school STEM career aspirations. Science Education, 102(3), 529-547.*
- Chen, C., Haduong, P., Brennan, K., Sonnert, G., & Sadler, P. (2019). The effects of first programming language on college students’ computing attitude and achievement: a comparison of graphical and textual languages. Computer Science Education, 29(1), 23-48.*
- Doyle, J., Sonnert, G., & Sadler, P. (2018). How professional development program features impact the knowledge of science teachers. Professional Development in Education, 1-16.*
This project will develop and test a web-based platform to increase the quality of teacher-administered tests in science classrooms. It draws on classroom teacher knowledge while employing the rigorous statistical methods used in standardized assessment creation and validation. The content focus is on the disciplinary core ideas for grades 6-8 physical science in the Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS).