- Publication | In this article, we draw upon the Conceptual Profile Theory to discuss the negotiation of meanings related to the energy concept in an 11th grade physics classroom.
- Publication | The present study examined changes in high school biology and technology education pedagogy during the first year of a three-year professional development (PD) program using the INSPIRES educative curriculum.
- Publication | Project Accelerate is a partnership program between Boston University (BU) and the nation’s high schools combining the supportive infrastructures from the students’ traditional school with a highly interactive private edX online instructional tool to bring a College Board...
- Publication | In this study, we examined the relevance of CI in biochemical contexts and first explored the ways in which practicing biochemists consider CI relevant in their work.
- Publication | Case Studies from the FAACT project.
- Tool | Understand students’ fraction concepts through interview tasks. Includes tasks and guide to record student thinking.
Principles for Designing Large-Format Refreshable Haptic Graphics Using Touchscreen Devices: An Evaluation of Nonvisual Panning MethodsPublication | This article describes the development of four novel non-visual panning methods designed from the onset with consideration of these perceptual and cognitive constraints.
Touchscreen-Based Haptic Information Access for Assisting Blind and Visually-Impaired Users: Perceptual Parameters and Design GuidelinesPublication | This paper studies key usability parameters governing accurate rendering of haptically-perceivable graphical materials
- Publication | The current study investigates two questions: (1) Do screen size and grid density impact a user's accuracy on pattern-matching tasks? (2) Do screen size and grid density impact a user's time on task?
Initial Understandings of Fraction Concepts Evidenced by Students With Mathematics Learning Disabilities and DifficultiesPublication | This study extends current literature by presenting key understandings of fractions, documented through problem-solving activity, language, representations, and operations, evidenced by students with LD and mathematics difficulties as they engaged with equal sharing...
- Publication | This article looks at strategies that create access while maintaining the cognitive demand of a mathematics task.
Rehumanizing the Mathematics Education of Students with Disabilities: Critical Perspectives on Research and PracticePublication | This editorial is part of a special issue of Investigations in Mathematics Learning Critical Approaches that was inspired by a Disability in Mathematics Education working group.
- Publication | The authors fuse Universal Design for Learning (UDL), differentiation, and talk moves into three key planning and pedagogy considerations.
Pre-service K-8 Teachers’ Professional Noticing and Strategy Evaluation Skills: An Exploratory StudyPublication | This study sheds light on three teaching competencies: Pre-service teachers’ (PSTs’) professional noticing of student mathematical reasoning and strategies, their ability to assess the validity of student reasoning and strategies, and to select student strategy for class...
Cross-Case Analysis of Engineering Education Experiences in Inclusive STEM-Focused High Schools in the United StatesPublication | The purpose of this paper is to report results of a systematic cross-case analysis exploring the extent of engineering learning opportunities in five exemplar Inclusive STEM High Schools (ISHSs).