KEY NSF RESOURCES
- Common Guidelines for Education Research and Development
A joint committee (NSF and IES) developed a "broad framework that clarifies research types and provides basic guidance about the purpose, justification, design features, and expected outcomes from various research types." More info:
- Data Management for NSF EHR Directorate Proposals and Awards
A guide to assist applicants in the development of a data management plan (DMP) for proposals.
- Fall 2018 Grants Conference | Nov 8-9 | New Orleans
Registration will open on Thursday, September 6th at 12:00 PM EST.
- Fall 2017 Grants Conference Webcast
Fall Grants Conferences shares learning opportunities for new faculty, researchers and administrators who want to gain key insights into a wide range of current issues at NSF.
- Funding-How to Prepare a Proposal
A short guide to preparing a proposal for NSF.
- Grants.gov Application Guide (2018)
A guide to assist applicants in the preparation and submission of applications to NSF via Research.gov.
- Human Subjects
NSF's policy on research involving human subjects. See also
Frequently Asked Questions regarding Human Subjects.
- NSF Guide for Proposal Writing
General advice on proposal writing.
- NSF Prospective New Awardee Guide (January 2018)
What you should know if you get awarded.
- Proposal and Award Policies and Procedures Guide (PAPPG) NSF 18-1
A guide to assist applicants in the preparation and submission of proposals to NSF via Fastlane. More info:
- View a webinar recording that gives an overview of updates to the PAPPG. Helpful information can also be found in NSF's Proposal & Award Policy Newsletters.
- Fall 2016 NSF Grant Conference presentation slides
- Consolidated Listing of Program-and Cost-related Grantee Notifications To, and Requests for Approval From, The National Science Foundation
- List of Automated Proposal Compliance Checks Performed by System as of August 1, 2016
Proposals can be submitted via Fastlane or Research.gov.
Read the PAPPG (listed above) if you plan to submit your proposal via Fastlane. More info:
Read the Grants.gov application guide (listed above) if you plan to submit your proposal via Research.gov.
Writing an NSF proposal? Learn more about NSF’s funding opportunities in education; read NSF resources on proposal preparation, submission and review; explore resources to help you write your proposal; and learn about previously funded DRK-12 work.
DRK-12 Program & Solicitation
- DRK-12 Program Information
- DRK-12 Program Solicitation (17-584) (Due November 14, 2018)
- 2017 DRK-12 Solicitation Informational Webinars Slides and Recordings
- NSF Program Director Contact List
- CAREER Program Information
- CAREER Solicitation (17-537)
- May 15, 2018 CAREER Program Informational Webinar
Upcoming NSF EHR Funding Opportunities
- View a list of upcoming NSF Directorate of Education & Human Resources funding opportunities.
- Dear Colleague Letter: Growing Convergence Research
- Dear Colleague Letter: Research on Methodologies for STEM Education
- Dear Colleague Letter: STEM Education for the Future
- Dear Colleague Letter: Stimulating Research related to the Science of Broadening Participation
OTHER HELPFUL RESOURCES BY TOPIC
- NABI Broader Impacts Guiding Principles and Questions for National Science Foundation Proposals
- NSF AISL Proposal Resources
- NSF Cyberlearning Proposal Resources
- NSF ITEST Proposal Resources
CAREER Award Guidance
- Compendium of Research Instruments for STEM Education, PART I: Teacher Practices, PCK, and Content Knowledge
- Compendium of STEM Student Instruments PART II: Measuring Students’ Content Knowledge, Reasoning Skills, and Psychological Attributes
- Fostering Knowledge Use in STEM Education: A Brief on R&D Partnerships with Districts and Schools
- The Research-Practice Partnership (RPP) toolkit
- CADRE Brief: Mentoring for the Postdoctoral/Early Career Researcher: Key Elements and Broader Impacts
- Mentoring Plan Example 1
- Mentoring Plan Example 2
- Webinar slides and a recording on mentoring plans and strategies
- CADRE Tips for Mentoring Early Career STEM Education Researchers and Developers
- Voices from the Field: Podcast and videos on mentoring strategies
- Spotlight on Early Career in STEM Education R&D
- Dissemination Toolkit
- From Dissemination to Knowledge Use: Options for DRK-12
- Writing Effective Evaluation and Dissemination/Diffusion Plans: Guiding Questions to Help You Get Started
Data Management Plan
- Evaluation in DRK-12 Projects: Options
- Evaluation Planning Checklist for ATE Proposals
- Evaluation Resources by CAISE
- Department of Education Evaluation Resources
- Principal Investigator’s Guide: Managing Evaluation in Informal STEM Education Projects
- Technical Evaluation Assistance in Mathematics and Science (TEAMS)
PREVIOUSLY FUNDED DRK-12 WORK
- View a list of recent awardees.
- View short 3-min videos on DRK-12 projects, featured in STEM for All Video Showcase.
- View topical studies of the DRK-12 portfolio of projects:
- Assessment: Summary of Discovery Research K-12 (DRK–12) Projects on Assessment: Working Document (2009)
- Engineering: A Targeted Study of the DRK-12 Engineering Education Projects (2013)
- English Language Learners: Math and Science Education with English Language Learners: Contributions of the DRK-12 Program (2011) and Analysis of the National Science Foundation's Discovery Research K-12 ELL Projects (2016)
- Games & Simulations: A Targeted Study of DRK-12 STEM Education Games and Simulations Projects (2014)
- General: Descriptive Overview of the Discovery Research K-12 (DRK-12) Portfolio: Projects Funded from 2007 to 2012 (2013)
- View topical Spotlights on DRK-12 work.
- Find more CADRE reports and papers at: http://cadrek12.org/cadre-sponsored-products-tools