KEY NSF RESOURCES
- Common Guidelines for Education Research and Development
A joint committee (NSF and IES) developed a "broad framework that clarifies research types and provides basic guidance about the purpose, justification, design features, and expected outcomes from various research types." More info:
- Data Management for NSF EHR Directorate Proposals and Awards
A guide to assist applicants in the development of a data management plan (DMP) for proposals.
- Fall 2018 Grants Conference | Nov 8-9 | New Orleans
Registration will open on Thursday, September 6th at 12:00 PM EST.
- Fall 2017 Grants Conference Webcast
Fall Grants Conferences shares learning opportunities for new faculty, researchers and administrators who want to gain key insights into a wide range of current issues at NSF.
- Funding-How to Prepare a Proposal
A short guide to preparing a proposal for NSF.
- Grants.gov Application Guide (2018)
A guide to assist applicants in the preparation and submission of applications to NSF via Research.gov.
- Human Subjects
NSF's policy on research involving human subjects. See also
Frequently Asked Questions regarding Human Subjects.
- NSF Guide for Proposal Writing
General advice on proposal writing.
- NSF Prospective New Awardee Guide (January 2018)
What you should know if you get awarded.
- Proposal and Award Policies and Procedures Guide (PAPPG) NSF 18-1 (Effective until Jan 27, 2019)
A guide to assist applicants in the preparation and submission of proposals to NSF via Fastlane. More info:
- View a webinar recording that gives an overview of updates to the PAPPG. Helpful information can also be found in NSF's Proposal & Award Policy Newsletters.
- Fall 2016 NSF Grant Conference presentation slides
- Consolidated Listing of Program-and Cost-related Grantee Notifications To, and Requests for Approval From, The National Science Foundation
- List of Automated Proposal Compliance Checks Performed by System as of August 1, 2016
- Proposal and Award Policies and Procedures Guide (PAPPG) NSF 19-1 (Effective starting on Jan 28, 2019)
Proposals can be submitted via Fastlane or Research.gov.
Read the PAPPG (listed above) if you plan to submit your proposal via Fastlane. More info:
Read the Grants.gov application guide (listed above) if you plan to submit your proposal via Research.gov.
Writing an NSF proposal? Learn more about NSF’s funding opportunities in education; read NSF resources on proposal preparation, submission and review; explore resources to help you write your proposal; and learn about previously funded DRK-12 work.
DRK-12 Program & Solicitation
- DRK-12 Program Information
- DRK-12 Program Solicitation (17-584) (Due November 14, 2018)
- 2018 DRK-12 Solicitation Informational Webinars Slides and Recordings
- 2017 DRK-12 Solicitation Informational Webinars Slides and Recordings
- NSF Program Director Contact List
- CAREER Program Information
- CAREER Solicitation (17-537)
- 2018 webinar slides
- Dear Colleague Letter: CAREER Proposals Submitted to the Directorate for Education and Human Resources (EHR) - Suggestions for Enhancing the Quality of Proposals
- Video of presentation on CAREER program at 2017 NSF Grants Conference
- If your institution doesn’t have support materials, here are some to review:
- Contact Finbarr (Barry) Sloane for more information about DRK-12 proposals for NSF’s CAREER Program: phone (703) 292-8465, email: email@example.com
Upcoming NSF EHR Funding Opportunities
- View a list of upcoming NSF Directorate of Education & Human Resources funding opportunities.
- Dear Colleague Letter: Growing Convergence Research
- Dear Colleague Letter: Research on Methodologies for STEM Education
- Dear Colleague Letter: STEM Education for the Future
- Dear Colleague Letter: Stimulating Research related to the Science of Broadening Participation
- Dear Colleague Letter: Support for Engaging Students and the Public in Polar Research
OTHER HELPFUL RESOURCES BY TOPIC
- NABI Broader Impacts Guiding Principles and Questions for National Science Foundation Proposals
- NSF AISL Proposal Resources
- NSF Cyberlearning Proposal Resources
- NSF ITEST Proposal Resources
- The Use of Theory in Research on Broadening Participation in PreK–12 STEM Education: Information and Guidance for Prospective DRK–12 Grantees
CAREER Award Guidance
- Compendium of Research Instruments for STEM Education, PART I: Teacher Practices, PCK, and Content Knowledge
- Compendium of STEM Student Instruments PART II: Measuring Students’ Content Knowledge, Reasoning Skills, and Psychological Attributes
- Fostering Knowledge Use in STEM Education: A Brief on R&D Partnerships with Districts and Schools
- The Research-Practice Partnership (RPP) toolkit
- CADRE Brief: Mentoring for the Postdoctoral/Early Career Researcher: Key Elements and Broader Impacts
- Mentoring Plan Example 1
- Mentoring Plan Example 2
- Webinar slides and a recording on mentoring plans and strategies
- CADRE Tips for Mentoring Early Career STEM Education Researchers and Developers
- Voices from the Field: Podcast and videos on mentoring strategies
- Spotlight on Early Career in STEM Education R&D
- Dissemination Toolkit
- From Dissemination to Knowledge Use: Options for DRK-12
- Writing Effective Evaluation and Dissemination/Diffusion Plans: Guiding Questions to Help You Get Started
Data Management Plan
- Evaluation in DRK-12 Projects: Options
- Evaluation Planning Checklist for ATE Proposals
- Evaluation Resources by CAISE
- Department of Education Evaluation Resources
- Principal Investigator’s Guide: Managing Evaluation in Informal STEM Education Projects
- Technical Evaluation Assistance in Mathematics and Science (TEAMS)
PREVIOUSLY FUNDED DRK-12 WORK
- View a list of recent awardees.
- View short 3-min videos on DRK-12 projects, featured in STEM for All Video Showcase.
- View topical studies of the DRK-12 portfolio of projects:
- Assessment: Summary of Discovery Research K-12 (DRK–12) Projects on Assessment: Working Document (2009)
- Engineering: A Targeted Study of the DRK-12 Engineering Education Projects (2013)
- English Language Learners: Math and Science Education with English Language Learners: Contributions of the DRK-12 Program (2011) and Analysis of the National Science Foundation's Discovery Research K-12 ELL Projects (2016)
- Games & Simulations: A Targeted Study of DRK-12 STEM Education Games and Simulations Projects (2014)
- General: Descriptive Overview of the Discovery Research K-12 (DRK-12) Portfolio: Projects Funded from 2007 to 2012 (2013)
- View topical Spotlights on DRK-12 work.
- Find more CADRE reports and papers at: http://cadrek12.org/cadre-sponsored-products-tools