DRK-12 Research and Products
- Publication | This manuscript focuses on longitudinal research with four primary inservice teachers’ learning and engagement in model-based teaching about water over three years, investigating teachers conceptualizations and practice modelling water related phenomena over time. Findings...
Scaling up innovative learning in mathematics: exploring the effect of different professional development approaches on teacher knowledge, beliefs, and instructional practicePublication | The purpose of the current study was to explore different ways for teachers to engage in Professional learning experiences (PLEs) and how these approaches might enable the field to scale up these efforts in a sustainable manner.
- Tool | The 12 Steps for a Product-Driven Dissemination Strategy can help you devise a plan for disseminating a product (a resource, activity, event, or even a milestone in your project) successfully.
- Publication | This article focuses on the impacts of a program designed to prepare elementary classroom teachers to mentor preservice teachers for effective science instruction.
- Publication | In this article, authors explain how 114 years of Hawaiian-language newspapers starting in 1834 extend our knowledge of natural disasters into the nineteenth century and to precontact times.
- Tool | If you are developing a project communication plan, use these guiding questions to help you plan your approach and timeline for communicating about your work.
- Publication | The purpose of this report is to sketch a tentative theoretical structure with the potential to anchor curricular decisions and inform further research on early probability learning.
- Publication | This paper illustrates how the combination of teacher and computer guidance can strengthen collaborative revision and identifies opportunities for teacher guidance in a computer-supported collaborative learning environment.
The Role of Simulation-Enabled Design Learning Experiences on Middle School Students’ Self-generated Inherence HeuristicsPublication | This article describes the effect of simulation-enabled Learning by Design learning experiences on student-generated heuristics that can lead to solutions to problems.
How Place-based Science Education Strategies can Support Equity for Students, Teachers, and CommunitiesPublication | This brief describes how to support equity for students, teachers, and communities through place-based science education strategies.
- Tool | A compilation of resources for making your products and communications more accessible.
- Publication | The CADRE Early Career Guide offers advice from experienced DR K-12 awardees on becoming a successful researcher in the field of STEM education. The guide also profiles a support program, the CADRE Fellows, for doctoral students in STEM education research.
- Tool | The INSPIRES project revised the RTOP rubric for use in engineering classrooms. The RTOP rubric was original developed for assessing lesson design and implementation, content-propositional knowledge, procedural knowledge, classroom culture, and student-teacher relationships.
- Publication | This article discusses supporting inquiry in an online learning environment.
- Publication | The purpose of this study is to investigate students’ experimentation strategies while they work on a design challenge.