- Dubois, S., Luft, J., Toerien, R., & Hewson, P. (2018). Practices influenced by policy? An exploration of newly hired science teachers in South Africa and the United States. International Journal of Science Education, 40(8), 919-939.*
- Luft, J. A, & Hewson, P. W. (2014). Research on teacher professional development programs in science. In S. K. Abell & N. Lederman (Eds.), Handbook of Research in Science Education 2nd edition (pp. 889-909). Taylor and Francis.*
- Luft, J. A., Dubois, S., Nixon, R., & Campbell, B. (2015). Supporting newly hired teachers of science: Attaining professional teaching standards. Studies in Science Education, 51(1), 1-48. http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/03057267.2014.980559.*
- Luft, J. A., & Dubois, S. (2016). Science teacher leadership: Learning from a three-year leadership program. Science Educator, 25(1), 1-9.*
- Navy, S. L., Nixon, R. S., Luft, J. A., & Jurkiewicz, M. A. (2020). Accessed or latent resources? Exploring new secondary science teachers' networks of resources. Journal of Research in Science Teaching, 57(2), 184-208.*
This research study focuses on the impact of different teacher preparation and induction models, as well as on the quality and persistence of secondary science teachers. Combining the strengths of case-based research with a quasi-experimental design this study will follow 120 secondary science teachers for three years from four different and well characterized preservice - induction programs.