- Pallant, A., Lee, H.-L., & Pryputniewicz, S. (2019). How to support secondary school students’ consideration of uncertainty in scientific argument writing: A case study of a High-Adventure Science curriculum module. Journal of Geoscience Education.*
- Pallant, A., McDonald, S. & Lee, H. –S. (2020). Shifting plates, shifting minds: Plate tectonics models designed for classrooms. Earth Scientist.*
- Lee, H.-S., Pallant, A., Pryputniewicz, S., Lord, T., Mulholland, M., Liu, O. L. (2019). Automated text scoring and real-time adjustable feedback: Supporting revision of scientific arguments involving uncertainty. Science Education, 103(3), 590-622. *
- McDonald, S., Furman, T., Pallant A., & Lee, H.-S. (2018) Plate tectonics: Investigating and visualising our dynamic earth. Scitech Europa.*
- Pallant, A., Lee, H. S. (2017). Teaching sustainability through systems dynamics: Exploring stocks and flows embedded in dynamic computer models of an agricultural system. Journal of Geoscience Education, 65(2), 146-157.*
This project will develop and test a new instructional approach that integrates a data analysis tool with Earth systems models in a suite of online curriculum modules for middle and high school Earth science students. The modules will facilitate development of rich conceptual understandings related to the system science of natural hazards and their impacts.