Roy Gould, Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics and Jackie Miller, Education Development Center
CADRE sat down with DR K-12 PIs Roy Gould (Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics) and Jackie Miller (EDC) to talk about their work…and specifically their passion for using story in education.
Why is story such a powerful tool in the classroom? Listen in:
- The Power of Story (Author E.O. Wilson)
- Roy Gould's TEDTalk, in partnership with Curtis Wong, on the WorldWide telescope
- The Construction and Analysis of Science Story: A Proposed Methodology (Author Stephen Klassen)
- The Story behind the Science website
- Start With a Story: The Case Method of Teaching College Science (Author Clyde Freeman Herreid)
To download this podcast, go here, right click on the audio box and choose "Save Audio As...". Or read a transcript of the podcast.
The music in this podcast is courtesy of Audionautix.