DRK-12 Research and Products
- Publication | This article discusses supporting inquiry in an online learning environment.
- Publication | This paper illustrates how the combination of teacher and computer guidance can strengthen collaborative revision and identifies opportunities for teacher guidance in a computer-supported collaborative learning environment.
How Place-based Science Education Strategies can Support Equity for Students, Teachers, and CommunitiesPublication | This brief describes how to support equity for students, teachers, and communities through place-based science education strategies.
- Publication | The CADRE Early Career Guide offers advice from experienced DR K-12 awardees on becoming a successful researcher in the field of STEM education. The guide also profiles a support program, the CADRE Fellows, for doctoral students in STEM education research.
The Role of Simulation-Enabled Design Learning Experiences on Middle School Students’ Self-generated Inherence HeuristicsPublication | This article describes the effect of simulation-enabled Learning by Design learning experiences on student-generated heuristics that can lead to solutions to problems.
- Tool | Explore tips, resources, and toolkits on communication about research and development.
- Publication | The purpose of this study is to investigate students’ experimentation strategies while they work on a design challenge.
- Presentation | Watch this webinar recording with experts from the American Institutes for Research (AIR) for an engaging webinar about evidence standards.
- Publication | In this article, authors demonstrate that line following via multimodal feedback is possible on touchscreens and present guidelines for the presentation of such non-visual graphical concepts.
- Publication | Based on a teacher survey of lesson study, this study found that facilitators’ focus on student thinking, the quality of materials, and duration of lesson study were significantly associated with teacher participation in an effective inquiry process, which in turn is...
Characterizing the Interplay of Cognitive and Metacognitive Knowledge in Computational Modeling and Simulation PracticesPublication | Authors discuss student dimensions of expertise when engaged in modeling and simulation practices and describe how students used their cognitive and metacognitive knowledge to approach a computational challenge.
- Publication | Authors investigate ways to support students in integrating their understanding of density concepts through a graph that is linked to a simulation depicting the relationship between mass, volume, and density.
Race to the Top and Lesson Study Implementation in Florida: District Policy and Leadership for Teacher Professional DevelopmentPublication | Based on a mixed methods study of a statewide survey and interviews of district professional development directors, we found that district requirement of lesson study, funding provision, and future sustainability plan were significantly and positively associated with a...
- Publication | Authors describe an alternative model of online math videos that feature unscripted dialogue of secondary school students, who convey sources of confusion and resolve the dilemmas that arise during problem solving.
Beyond Classroom Academics: A School-Wide and Multi-Contextual Perspective on Student Engagement in SchoolPublication | A school-wide and multi-contextual perspective on student engagement in school.