DRK-12 Research and Products
- Tool | Funding for the National Science Foundation (NSF) is contingent on legislative support. Because of this, it is important for NSF awardees to communicate with legislators about the value and importance of their projects.
- Tool | The 12 Steps for a Product-Driven Dissemination Strategy can help you devise a plan for disseminating a product (a resource, activity, event, or even a milestone in your project) successfully.
Scaling up innovative learning in mathematics: exploring the effect of different professional development approaches on teacher knowledge, beliefs, and instructional practicePublication | The purpose of the current study was to explore different ways for teachers to engage in Professional learning experiences (PLEs) and how these approaches might enable the field to scale up these efforts in a sustainable manner.
- Tool | If you are developing a project communication plan, use these guiding questions to help you plan your approach and timeline for communicating about your work.
- Publication | This article focuses on the impacts of a program designed to prepare elementary classroom teachers to mentor preservice teachers for effective science instruction.
Helping K-12 Teachers Get Unstuck with Scratch: The Design of an Online Professional Learning ExperiencePublication | In this paper, authors describe the design and implementation of Getting Unstuck, a 21-day, email-based learning experience for K-12 teachers interested in developing greater familiarity and fluency with Scratch.
- Publication | In this article, authors explain how 114 years of Hawaiian-language newspapers starting in 1834 extend our knowledge of natural disasters into the nineteenth century and to precontact times.
- Publication | The purpose of this report is to sketch a tentative theoretical structure with the potential to anchor curricular decisions and inform further research on early probability learning.
- Publication | This paper illustrates how the combination of teacher and computer guidance can strengthen collaborative revision and identifies opportunities for teacher guidance in a computer-supported collaborative learning environment.
- Tool | A compilation of resources for making your products and communications more accessible.
The Role of Simulation-Enabled Design Learning Experiences on Middle School Students’ Self-generated Inherence HeuristicsPublication | This article describes the effect of simulation-enabled Learning by Design learning experiences on student-generated heuristics that can lead to solutions to problems.
- Publication | The CADRE Early Career Guide offers advice from experienced DR K-12 awardees on becoming a successful researcher in the field of STEM education. The guide also profiles a support program, the CADRE Fellows, for doctoral students in STEM education research.
How Place-based Science Education Strategies can Support Equity for Students, Teachers, and CommunitiesPublication | This brief describes how to support equity for students, teachers, and communities through place-based science education strategies.
- Tool | The INSPIRES project revised the RTOP rubric for use in engineering classrooms. The RTOP rubric was original developed for assessing lesson design and implementation, content-propositional knowledge, procedural knowledge, classroom culture, and student-teacher relationships.
- Publication | This article discusses supporting inquiry in an online learning environment.