MoDeLS: Would you drink the liquid that came from this dirty water? A 5th grade unit on evaporation and condensation investigating the phenomenon of a solar stillPublication | A curriculum unit developed through a collaboration between Michigan State University, Northwestern University, the University of Michigan, Wright State University and 5th grade teachers from Kinawa 5th-6th public school that enables students to develop and revise models...
- Publication | We conduct qualitative analyses of one of the lesson sequences, in which a popular simulation was used in eight high school physics class sections, half in whole class discussion and half in small groups.
Co-Constructing Models in High School Physics: Comparing Degrees of Teacher and Student Participation in Whole Class DiscussionsPublication | In this study, we analyzed the participation of teachers and students during their co-construction of explanatory models for concepts in circuit electricity in two high school physics classes.
- Publication | This study investigates strategies teachers use to support mental imagery during model-based science class discussions.
Large Scale Scientific Modeling Practices that Can Influence Science Instruction at the Unit and Lesson LevelsPublication | In this study we articulate a multi-level scientific Modeling Practices Framework derived from expert studies on model based teaching strategies in classrooms and examine its usefulness in an actual classroom context.
- Publication | This paper describes model construction practices used by scientifically trained experts.
- Presentation | This AERA structured poster session shed light on the DR K-12 portfolio of transformative research in mathematics education.
- Publication | Effective as of January 2017, NSF's Prospective New Awardee Guide includes information on federal requirements, NSF points of contact and frequently asked questions, grantee standards, and indirect costs.
- Publication | This commentary focuses on doctoral programs and doctoral preparation in mathematics education.
- Publication | This article highlights the production of doctorates in mathematics education for the past fifty years.
- Publication | This study reports data gathered from over 500 doctoral graduates in mathematics education from 23 institutions in the USA from 1997 to 2014 as they self-assessed their research preparation during their doctoral program.