KEY NSF RESOURCES
- Common Guidelines for Education Research and Development
A joint committee (NSF and IES) developed a "broad framework that clarifies research types and provides basic guidance about the purpose, justification, design features, and expected outcomes from various research types." More info:
- Fall 2017 Grants Conference Webcast
Fall Grants Conferences shares learning opportunities for new faculty, researchers and administrators who want to gain key insights into a wide range of current issues at NSF.
- Funding-How to Prepare a Proposal
A short guide to preparing a proposal for NSF.
- Grants.gov Application Guide
A guide to assist applicants in the preparation and submission of applications to NSF via Research.gov.
- Human Subjects
NSF's policy on research involving human subjects. See also
Frequently Asked Questions regarding Human Subjects.
- NSF Guide for Proposal Writing
General advice on proposal writing.
- NSF Prospective New Awardee Guide (January 2017)
What you should know if you get awarded.
- Proposal and Award Policies and Procedures Guide (PAPPG) NSF 17-1
A guide to assist applicants in the preparation and submission of applications to NSF via Fastlane. More info:
- NSF Proposal and Award Policies and Procedures Guide Webinar: Slides | Recording
- Fall 2016 NSF Grant Conference presentation slides
- Consolidated Listing of Program-and Cost-related Grantee Notifications To, and Requests for Approval From, The National Science Foundation
- List of Automated Proposal Compliance Checks Performed by System as of August 1, 2016
- Note: a new PAPPG (18-1) has been released but is not effective until January 29, 2018. View a webinar recording that gives an overview of updates to the PAPPG. Helpful information can also be found in NSF's Proposal & Award Policy Newsletters.
Proposals can be submitted via Fastlane or Research.gov.
Read the PAPPG (listed above) if you plan to submit your proposal via Fastlane. More info:
Read the Grants.gov application guide (listed above) if you plan to submit your proposal via Research.gov.
Writing an NSF proposal? Learn more about NSF’s funding opportunities in education; read NSF resources on proposal preparation, submission and review; explore resources to help you write your proposal; and learn about previously funded DR K-12 work.
DR K-12 Program & Solicitation
- DR K-12 Program Information
- DR K-12 Program Solicitation (17-584) (Due November 14, 2018)
- 2017 DR K-12 Solicitation Informational Webinars Slides and Recordings
- NSF Program Director Contact List
- CAREER Program Information
- CAREER Solicitation (17-537)
- May 22, 2017 NSF CAREER Program Webinar
- Informational Webinar on NSF CAREER Program 2015 Slides & Recording | 2016 Slides
Upcoming NSF EHR Funding Opportunities
- View a list of upcoming NSF Directorate of Education & Human Resources funding opportunities.
- Dear Colleague Letter: Announcement of an Effort to Expand the NSF INCLUDES National Network
- Dear Colleague Letter: NSF Accepting Proposals Related to Hurricane Harvey
- Dear Colleague Letter: Principles for the Design of Digital STEM Learning Environments
- Dear Colleague Letter: Research on Methodologies for STEM Education
- Dear Colleague Letter: Stimulating Research related to the Science of Broadening Participation
OTHER HELPFUL RESOURCES BY TOPIC
- NABI Broader Impacts Guiding Principles and Questions for National Science Foundation Proposals
- NSF AISL Proposal Resources
- NSF Cyberlearning Proposal Resources
- NSF ITEST Proposal Resources
CAREER Award Guidance
- Compendium of Research Instruments for STEM Education, PART I: Teacher Practices, PCK, and Content Knowledge
- Compendium of STEM Student Instruments PART II: Measuring Students’ Content Knowledge, Reasoning Skills, and Psychological Attributes
- Fostering Knowledge Use in STEM Education: A Brief on R&D Partnerships with Districts and Schools
- The Research-Practice Partnership (RPP) toolkit
- CADRE Brief: Mentoring for the Postdoctoral/Early Career Researcher: Key Elements and Broader Impacts
- Mentoring Plan Example 1
- Mentoring Plan Example 2
- Webinar slides and a recording on mentoring plans and strategies
- CADRE Tips for Mentoring Early Career STEM Education Researchers and Developers
- Voices from the Field: Podcast and videos on mentoring strategies
- Spotlight on Early Career in STEM Education R&D
- Dissemination Toolkit
- From Dissemination to Knowledge Use: Options for DR K-12
- Writing Effective Evaluation and Dissemination/Diffusion Plans: Guiding Questions to Help You Get Started
Data Management Plan
- Evaluation in DR K-12 Projects: Options
- Evaluation Planning Checklist for ATE Proposals
- Evaluation Resources by CAISE
- Department of Education Evaluation Resources
- Principal Investigator’s Guide: Managing Evaluation in Informal STEM Education Projects
- Technical Evaluation Assistance in Mathematics and Science (TEAMS)
PREVIOUSLY FUNDED DR K-12 WORK
- View lists of recent awardees: Fall 2015 - Summer 2016 Awards and Summer - Fall 2016 Awards
- View short 3-min videos on DR K-12 projects, featured in STEM for All Video Showcases from 2015, 2016, and 2017.
- View topical studies of the DRK-12 portfolio of projects:
- Assessment: Summary of Discovery Research K-12 (DR K–12) Projects on Assessment: Working Document (2009)
- Engineering: A Targeted Study of the DR K-12 Engineering Education Projects (2013)
- English Language Learners: Math and Science Education with English Language Learners: Contributions of the DR K-12 Program (2011) and Analysis of the National Science Foundation's Discovery Research K-12 ELL Projects (2016)
- Games & Simulations: A Targeted Study of DRK-12 STEM Education Games and Simulations Projects (2014)
- General: Descriptive Overview of the Discovery Research K-12 (DR K-12) Portfolio: Projects Funded from 2007 to 2012 (2013)
- View topical Spotlights on DR K-12 work.
- Find more CADRE reports and papers at: http://cadrek12.org/cadre-sponsored-products-tools