- Kang, H. & González-Howard, M. (2022). Beginning school-university partnerships for transformative social change in science education: narratives from the field. Science Education *
- Kang, H. (2022). Teacher responsiveness that promotes equity in secondary science classrooms. Cognition and Instruction, 40(2).*
- Kang, H. & Furtak, E. (2021). Learning theory, classroom assessment and equity. Educational Measurement: Issues and Practice, 40(3), 73-82.
- Kang, H. (2021). The role of mentor teacher-mediated experiences for preservice teachers. Journal of Teacher Education, 72(2), 251-263.
- Kang, H. & Zinger, D. (2019). What do core practices offer in preparing novice teachers for equity? Science Education, 103(4), 823-853.
- Kang, H., Calabrese-Barton, A., Tan, E., Simpkins, S., Rhee, H. & Chandler, T. (2019). How do middle school students become STEM-minded persons? Middle school students’ participation in science activities and identification with STEM careers. Science Education, 103(2), 418-439.
This project will address the need to educate teachers and students to engage in asking questions, collecting and interpreting data, making claims, and constructing explanations about real-world problems that matter to them. The study will explore ways to enhance youths' learning experiences in secondary school classrooms (grades 6-12) by building a sustainable partnership between researchers and practitioners.