- Hollebrands, K. F., Lee, H. S. (2020). Effective design of massive open online courses for mathematics teachers to support their professional learning. ZDM Mathematics Education. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11858-020-01142-0.*
- Lee, H. S., Mojica, G. F., & Lovett, J. N. (2020). Examining how online professional development impacts teachers’ beliefs about teaching statistics. Online Learning, 24(1), 5-27. https://doi.org/10.24059/olj.v24i1.1992.*
- Lovett, J. & Lee, H. S. (2018). Preservice secondary mathematics teachers’ preparedness to teach statistics: A call for reform. Journal of Statistics Education, 26(3), 214-222. https://doi.org/10.1080/10691898.2018.1496806.*
- McCulloch, A. W., Hollebrands, K. F., Lee, H. S., Harrison, T. R., & Mutlu, A. (2018). Factors that influence secondary mathematics teachers' uses of technology. Computers & Education, 123, 26-40. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.compedu.2018.04.008.
- Lee, H. S., Doerr, H. M., Tran, D., & Lovett, J. N. (2016). The role of probability in developing learners’ models of simulation approaches to inference. Statistics Education Research Journal, 15(2), 216-238. Online: http://iase-web.org/documents/SERJ/SERJ15(2)_Lee.pdf.
This project seeks to strengthen the teaching of statistics and data science in grades 6-12 through the design and implementation of an online professional learning environment for teachers. The professional learning environment aims to support in-service teachers in developing stronger content knowledge related to statistics, and knowledge of how to effectively teach statistics in their classrooms.