- Romero, V., Foreman, J., Strang, C., Maybury, C., Pepito, E., & Rocca, C. (2019). Intentional hiring and recruitment through the lens of equity and inclusion: Insights and lessons learned from Crissy Field Center, Golden Gate National Parks Conservancy. Berkeley, CA.*
- Romero, Valeria; Foreman, J., Strang, C., Rodriguez, L., Payan, R., Moore Bailey, K., (2019) Examining Equitable and Inclusive Work Environments in Environmental Education: Perspectives from the Field and Implications for Organizations. Berkeley, CA.*
- Fauville, Géraldine; Strang, C., Cannady, M., Chen, Y. (2018) Development of the International Ocean Literacy Survey: measuring knowledge around the world. Environmental Education Research, 12 March 2018.*
- Ocean Literacy: The Essential Principles of Ocean Sciences for Learners of All Ages Version 3, a brochure resulting from the 2-week On-Line Workshop on Ocean Literacy through Science Standards; published by National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration; Published June 2005, revised March 2013 and February 2020.*
- A Report by State Superintendent of Public Instruction Tom Torlakson’s Environmental Literacy Task Force-2015. (2015). A Blueprint for Environmental Literacy: Educating Every California Student In, About, and For the Environment. Sacramento, California: California Department of Education. (Strang co-chaired the Task Force that developed the Blueprint.)*
This project will work in partnership with the Santa Clara Unified School District (SCUSD) to adapt a previously designed Professional Learning (PL) model based on the District's objectives and constraints to build the capacity of teacher leaders and a program coordinator to implement the adapted PL program. The project is examining the sustainability and scalability of a PL model that supports the development of teachers' pedagogical content knowledge and instructional practices. The project is contributing knowledge about how to build capacity in districts to lead professional learning in science that addresses the new teaching and learning standards and is responsive to the needs of their local context.