- de Araujo, Z., Otten, S. A., & Birisci, S.+ (2017). Teacher-created videos in a flipped mathematics class: digital curriculum materials or lesson enactments? ZDM International Journal on Mathematics Education, 49, 687–699.*
- de Araujo, Z., Otten, S., & Birisci, S.+ (2017). Conceptualizing “homework” in flipped mathematics classes. Journal of Educational Technology and Society, 20, 248–260.*
- de Araujo, Z., Otten, S., & Birisci, S.+ (2017). Mathematics teachers’ motivations for, conceptions of, and experiences with flipped instruction. Teaching and Teacher Education, 62, 60–70.*
- de Araujo, Z., Roberts, S. A., Willey, C., & Zahner, W. (2018). English learners in K-12 mathematics education: A review of the literature. Review of Educational Research, 88, 879-919.
- de Araujo, Z., Smith, E., & Sakow, M. (2016). Reflecting on the dialogue regarding the mathematics education of English learners. Journal for Urban Mathematics Education, 9(2), 33–48.
This project aims to create and study an Equitable and Interactive Mathematical Modeling (EIM2) program that positions students as decision makers in their own learning. Despite the value of connecting students’ life experiences with their mathematical learning, the practical implementation of this strategy has proven challenging in a classroom setting. EIM2 addresses this issue by supporting students to engage in equitable mathematical modeling, a process of using mathematics to analyze and quantify scenarios through a lens of equity.