- Copur-Gencturk, Y., & Plowman, D., & Bai, H. (2019). Mathematics Teachers’ Learning: Identifying Key Learning Opportunities Linked to Teachers’ Knowledge Growth. American Educational Research Journal.*
- Orrill, C. H., Copur-Gencturk, Y., Cohen, A., & Templin, J. (2020). Revisiting Purpose and Conceptualization in the Design of Assessments for Teachers of Mathematics. Research in Mathematics Education. 10.1080/14794802.2019.1702893*
- Copur-Gencturk, Y., Cimpian J., Lubienski S., & Thacker, I. (2019). Teachers’ Bias Against the Mathematical Ability of Female, Black and Hispanic Students. Educational Researcher. https://doi.org/10.3102/0013189X19890577*
- Copur-Gencturk, Y., Thacker, I. (2020). A Comparison of Perceived and Observed Learning From Professional Development: Relationships Among Self-Reports, Direct Assessments, and Teacher Characteristics. Journal of Teacher Education. https://doi.org/10.1177/0022487119899101*
- Copur-Gencturk, Y., Tolar T., Jacobson. E., & Fan. W. (2019). An Empirical Study of the Dimensionality of the Mathematical Knowledge for Teaching Construct. Journal of Teacher Education.*
This project seeks to measure the kinds of knowledge developed in professional development (PD) programs that have been shown to matter for teachers' classroom practices and their students' learning. The project aims to develop an assessment that identifies patterns in the teachers' learning in a way that helps drive subsequent PD.The overall goal of this project is to pursue a potentially transformative approach to the assessment of teacher proportional knowledge by developing a measure that is well aligned with the content and skills taught in various PD programs.