- Tennison, J. L., Uesbeck, P. M., Giudice, N. A., Stefik, A., Smith, D. W., & Gorlewicz, J. L. (2019). Establishing vibration-based tactile line profiles for use in multimodal graphics. ACM Transactions on Applied Perception.*
- Gorlewicz, J. L. & Jayaram, S. (2019). Instilling curiosity, connections, and creating value in entrepreneurial minded engineering: Case studies for a course sequence in dynamics and controls. Entrepreneurship Education and Pedagogy.
- Hahn, M., Mueller, C., & Gorlewicz, J. L. (2019). The comprehension of stem graphics via a multi-sensory tablet in students with visual impairment. Journal of Visual Impairment and Blindness, 113(5).*
- Tennison, J. & Gorlewicz, J. L. (2019). Non-visual perception of lines on a multimodal touchscreen tablet. ACM Transactions on Applied Perception, 16(1):6.*
- Gorlewicz, J. L., Tennison, J. L., Palani, H. P., & Giudice, N. A. (2018). Interactive Media, chapter The graphical access challenge for people with visual impairments: Positions and Pathways Forward. InTechOpen, DOI: intechopen.77566.*
This project investigates how to use new touch technologies, like touchscreens, to create graphics and simulations that can be felt, heard, and seen. Using readily available, low-cost systems, the principal investigator will investigate how to map visual information to touch and sound for students with visual impairments.