This project will explore the potential of video-based formative feedback to enhance professional development around ambitious instruction for secondary teachers in urban schools.
- Ehrenfeld, N. & Horn, I. S. (In press). Initiation-Entry-Focus-Exit: A Framework for Understanding Pedagogical Judgment in Teachers’ Monitoring Routines. Educational Studies in Mathematics.*
- Chen, G. A., Marshall, S. & Horn, I. S. (In press). “How do I choose?” Mathematics Teachers’ Sensemaking about Pedagogical Responsibility. Pedagogy, Culture & Society.*
- Jurow, A. S., Horn, I. S. & Philip, T. M. (2019). Organizing Teacher Learning through the Re-mediation of Infrastructure. Journal of Education for Teaching. doi: 10.1080/02607476.2019.1550607*
- Horn, I. S. (2020). Supporting the Development of Pedagogical Judgment: Connecting Instruction to Contexts through Classroom Video with Experienced Mathematics Teachers. In G. Lloyd & C. Lynch (Eds), Participants in Mathematics Teacher Education: Individuals, Teams, Communities and Networks. International Handbook of Mathematics Teacher Education, Volume 3. Sense Publishing: Boston, MA.*
- Horn, I. S., Garner, B. & Ehrenfeld, N. (2020, June). Learning to listen closely: Experienced teachers’ instructional tuning via video feedback. International Conference of the Learning Sciences, Nashville, TN.*