CADRE is now accepting applications for the 2024 Fellows program.
The CADRE Fellows program provides professional growth opportunities for early career professionals in the field of preK-12 STEM education research. Through a series of capacity-building activities, the program offers Fellows the opportunity to gain insight into what it takes to be successful and effective in this field, become more familiar with National Science Foundation (NSF) practices, network with experienced researchers, and build community with other early career researchers from across the country.
This year the program will be held virtually and run from January - July 2024. Fellows will work together toward their professional goals by participating in activities focused on: career pathways, research use and dissemination, community building, and research funding. In addition to engaging in conversation with more experienced researchers, the Fellows will share their expertise, experience, and questions with each other while working throughout the program on a career-development project. Refer to the calendar of activities for more information.
- Be a doctoral student, postdoc, or early career researcher at a similar career stage at a non-academic organization. (Note: We will not consider applications from those who have completed their doctoral programs and are employed in an academic or non-academic STEM education research position, unless it is a postdoc position, as these individuals are less likely to benefit from the program as it is designed.)
- Demonstrate the desire and potential for advancing the field of preK-12 STEM education.
- Have research interests and career goals that contribute to diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice in preK-12 STEM education and the field of STEM education research.
- Have research experience in education and exhibit evidence of leadership.
- Demonstrate a need for support in the Fellows program focal areas.
- Have the capacity to commit and contribute to the Fellows program by fully participating in all activities, e.g., must be available to attend the virtual orientation on January 8 & 9, 2024.
Special consideration will be given to applicants who have not had similar professional development opportunities, and are associated with awardees, programs, or institutions that haven’t previously had a CADRE Fellow. Early career STEM education researchers from minority-serving institutions and institutions in EPSCoR states are strongly encouraged to apply.
For interested applicants with additional questions about the Fellows program and application process, CADRE will host an informational Q&A session on September 13, 2023 at 1:00-2:00 PM ET. Register here. Potential applicants may also direct questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Learn more and apply on the CADRE Fellows webpage. The application deadline is 5:00pm EST on September 27, 2023.