This project will design and develop a new K-12 classroom observation protocol for integrated STEM instruction (STEM-OP). The STEM-OP will inform the instruction of integrated STEM in many contexts with the goal of improving integrated STEM education.
Citations of DRK-12 or Related Work (DRK-12 work is denoted by *):
- Dare, E. A., Ring-Whalen, E. A., Roehrig, G. H. (2019). Creating a continuum of STEM models: Exploring how K-12 science teachers conceptualize STEM education. International Journal of Science Education. DOI: 10.1080/09500693.2019.1638531.*
- Ring-Whalen, E. A., Dare, E. A., Roehrig, G. H., Titu, P., & Crotty, E. A. (2018). From conception to curricula: The role of science, technology, engineering and mathematics in integrated STEM units. International Journal of Education in Mathematics, Science, and Technology, 6(4), 343-362.*
- Ring, E. A., Dare, E. A., Crotty, E. A., & Roehrig, G. H. (2017). Evolution of teacher conceptions of STEM education throughout an intensive professional development experience. Journal of Science Teacher Education, 28(5), 444-467.*
- Wieselmann, J. R., Dare, E. A., Ring-Whalen, E. A., & Roehrig, G. H. (2019). I just do what the boys tell me: Exploring small group student interactions in an integrated STEM unit. Journal of Research in Science Teaching. DOI: 10.1002/tea.21587
- Guzey, S. S., Ring-Whalen, E. A., Harwell, M., & Peralta, Y. (2017). Life STEM: A case study of life science learning through engineering design. International Journal of Science and Mathematics Education, 1-20. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10763-017-9860-0.