Informational Webinars on DRK-12 Solicitation (17-584)
Tuesday, August 14 | 1:00 - 2:00 PM ET
Thursday, September 13 | 1:00 - 2:00 PM ET
DRK-12 Projects Snapshot
Preparing a proposal or just interested in a few stats about DRK-12 projects? View a snapshot of DRK-12 projects.
Early Career Corner: CAREER Program
Congratulations to the recent DRK-12 CAREER Awardees!
- Award #1749294, CAREER: Mechanisms Underlying the Relation between Mathematical Language and Mathematical Knowledge (PI: David Purpura, Purdue University)
- Award #1749324, CAREER: Supporting Elementary Science Teaching and Learning by Integrating Uncertainty into Classroom Science Investigations (PI: Eve Manz, Boston University)
Download and read the full list of DRK-12 CAREER Awardees.
2019 CAREER Proposals
It's not too early to begin planning for next year's submission deadline! Mark your calendars for July 17, 2019, or for the third Wednesday in July annually thereafter.
- NSF CAREER homepage
- 2018 CAREER webinar slides and 2017 video presentation
- Suggestions for Enhancing the Quality of Proposals
- CADRE Proposal Toolkit: CAREER Awards Section
Contact Finbarr (Barry) Sloane for more information about DRK-12 proposals for NSF's CAREER Program: phone (703) 292-8465, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Project Tip! Writing Your Annual Report? Use Our Tip Sheet
For many of you, it's time to be thinking about your annual report. Review our Tips for Preparing NSF Project Reports for helpful advice on writing and submitting your annual, final, interim, or project outcomes reports.
For more project management tips and resources, visit NSF Project Management Tools.
Newsbites from DRK–12 & NSF
We're pleased to share news from DRK--12 projects and people, as well as our sister resource networks who serve other NSF funding programs (ATECentral, CAISE, CIRCL, CS for All Teachers, MSPnet, and STELAR). In addition to our newsletter digest, we disseminate your news items on our website and social media.
News from DRK–12 Projects & Awardees
- Engineering in Elementary STEM Education: Curriculum Design, Instruction, Learning, and Assessment
Publication | This new book by Christine Cunningham was written to help elementary educators integrate engineering into their classrooms, schools, or districts.
- Equity in STEM-rich Making: Pedagogies and Designs
Publication | Jean Ryoo and Angela Calabrese Barton co-authored this Equity & Excellence in Education essay on equity in STEM-rich making. Angela was also co-author, with Edna Tan, on the article Towards Critical Justice: Exploring Intersectionality in Community-based STEM-rich Making with Youth from Non-dominant Communities, featured in the same journal.
- Google Announces $2.8M in Grants, Office Space to Boulder Tech Education
In the News | Google awarded a $1.5 million grant to the University of Colorado's PhET Interactive Simulations project. Congratulations to the PhETSims team!
- "Just Put it Together to Make No Commotion": Re-imagining Urban Elementary Students' Participation in Engineering Design Practices
Publication | Christopher Wright , Kristen Wendell, and Patricia Paugh co-authored this article published in the International Journal of Education in Mathematics, Science and Technology, sharing findings from their Multimedia Engineering Notebook Tools to Support Engineering Discourse in Urban Elementary School Classrooms project.
- Scaffolding Scientific Thinking: Students' Evaluations and Judgments during Earth Science Knowledge Construction
Publication | Doug Lombardi, Janelle Bailey, Elliot Bickel, and former CADRE Fellow Shondricka Burrell co-authored this article published in Contemporary Educational Psychology.
- The Evidence Based Curriculum Design Framework: Leveraging Diverse Perspectives in the Design Process
Publication | Philip Vahey, David Reider, Jillian Orr, Ashley Lewis Presser, and Ximena Dominguez co-authored this International Journal of Designs for Learning article about the Next Generation Preschool Math (NGPM) project.
- The Spencer Foundation Senior Vice President Announcement
Awards and Recognition | The Spencer Foundation announced that Megan Bang will be their new senior vice president starting June 18. Congratulations Megan! Megan also recently co-authored (with Filiberto Barajas-López) the Equity & Excellence in Education article, Indigenous Making and Sharing: Claywork in an Indigenous STEAM Program.
News from NSF Networks
- ITEST Proposal Development Course | All are welcome to take the course offered through STELAR.
- Virtual Office Hours for ITEST Applicants with NSF | Join NSF ITEST Program Officer Dr. Robert Russell to learn about the 2018 ITEST Solicitation on July 31, 2-3pm ET or August 3, 12-1pm ET.
See our Upcoming CADRE & NSF Network Events page for ATE, CIRCL, CAISE, CS for All Teachers, MSPnet, or STELAR, events that may be of interest to you.
The following funding and publication opportunities, listed by deadline, may be of interest to you and your DRK-12 project members.
- August 3 - Science, Technology, and Society (STS)
- August 8 - Innovative Technology Experiences for Students and Teachers (ITEST)
- September 27 - Innovations in Graduate Education (IGE) Program
- October 15 - Advanced Technological Education (ATE)
- October 17 - Industry-University Cooperative Research Centers Program (IUCRC)
- October 22-25 - NSF Graduate Research Fellowship Program (GRFP)
- August 1 - Science and Children | Shifting from a Kit to NGSS Strategies
- August 1 - Science Scope | 42(7) Performance Tasks and Test Prep
- August 15 - Mathematics Teacher | Motivating Mathematics: Why Do You Do What You Do?
- August 15 - The Science Teacher | Citizen Science
- September 1 - Science and Children | Using Formative Assessment in Designing Lessons
- September 1 - Science Scope | MS-LS4 Biological Evolution: Unity and Diversity
- September 3 - Educational Leadership | The Tech-Savvy School
- September 15 - The Science Teacher | Scientific Reasoning and Argumentation
- September 30 - Physical Review Physics Education Research | Curriculum Development: Theory into Design (Proposal Deadline)
In Case You Missed It
Highlights from recent newsletters and announcements:
- 2018 DRK-12 PI Meeting Keynotes, Session Presentation Slides and Resources, and Virtual Poster Hall
- Promoting your 2018 STEM For All Video Showcase work
A complete archive of our newsletters and announcements is available on cadrek12.org.