This project will design and develop a new K-12 classroom observation protocol for integrated STEM instruction (STEM-OP). The STEM-OP will inform the instruction of integrated STEM in many contexts with the goal of improving integrated STEM education.
Citations of DRK-12 or Related Work (DRK-12 work is denoted by *):
- Ellis, J. (2019). The Teacher Induction Network: Findings from over ten years of STEM teacher induction. In J. Leonard, A. Burrows, & R. Kitchen (Eds.), Recruiting, preparing, and retaining STEM teachers for a global generation. Rotterdam, The Netherlands: Sense Publishers.
- Dare, E., Ellis, J., & Tyrrell, J. (2018). A blended professional development model for teachers to learn, implement, and reflect on NGSS practices. Innovations in Science Teacher Education, 3(3).*
- Polizzi, S., Head, M., Barrett-Williams, D., Ellis, J., Roehrig, G., & Rushton, G. (2018). The use of teacher leader roles in an online induction support system. Teaching and Teacher Education, 75, 174-186.
- Dare, E., Ellis, J., & Roehrig, G. (2018). Understanding science teachers' implementations of integrated STEM curricular units through a phenomenological multiple case study. International Journal of STEM Education, 5(4).*
- Ellis, J., Polizzi, S., Roehrig, G., & Rushton, G. (2017). Teachers as leaders: The impact of teacher leadership supports for beginning teachers in an online induction program. Journal of Technology and Teacher Education, 25(3), 245-272.