- Publication | Does the promise of competency-based PD outweigh the challenges to implementing it? Do we really want competency-based PD or just more effective, sustained, job-embedded PD like instructional coaching, lesson study, and the like. Read this blog by Meg S. Bates as she...
- Publication | This article provides a framework for making sense of common online teacher learning opportunities. It also suggests situations where online professional development may be most useful and presents a challenge for educators to consider when engaging in online learning.
If You Build It, Will They Reflect? Examining Teachers’ Use of an Online Video-based Learning WebsitePublication | Many teachers use online professional development websites, but little is known about what teachers actually learn from them. This study explored teacher use of an online video-based learning website with over 37,000 members.
- Publication | This article describes design principles for creating or running a professional development model where teachers work with colleagues and experience a manner of teaching that embeds habits of mind.
- Tool | This compilation of resources covers topics from blogging to writing policy briefs to plagiarism and copyright infringement to conference proposal writing.
- Tool | A compilation of resources to help you choose the right visualization for your dissemination, as well as tips on how to create those visualizations.
- Tool | A compilation of resources on best practices for a successful webinar and free webinar options.
- Publication | This book examines the extent to which study quality, assessment type, and scaffolding characteristics (strategy, intended outcome, fading schedule, scaffolding intervention, and paired intervention) influence cognitive student outcomes.
- Publication | Providing opportunities for learning through professional development requires the examination of facilitation of sessions with teachers. This study investigates facilitation of professional development to promote teacher learning when using animations and videos in a study...
- DR K-12 project members' responses to the survey question: “What research questions or topics should be future priorities for the NSF’s DR K-12 program research agenda?”
- Presentation | NSF Program Officers provide information on the DR K-12 program and solicitation in this webinar series.
- Publication | Co-author of the "Engineering for Every K–12 Student" report, Catherine McCulloch reflects on the status of engineering education and shares a few key takeaways from the report.
- Publication | A Landscape Analysis of K–12 Engineering Education in the Greater Boston Region
- Publication | How can research-based findings and advances help society to re-envision STEM learning and education? This report captures key takeaways, strategies, and challenges identified during the November 2015 workshop, including: research-based advances for STEM learning; multiple...
Constructing Assessment Tasks that Blend Disciplinary Core Ideas, Crosscutting Concepts, and Science Practices for Classroom Formative ApplicationsPublication | How do we measure knowledge in use? In this paper we describe how we use principles of evidence-centered design to develop classroom-based science assessments that integrate three dimensions of science proficiency—disciplinary core ideas, science practices, and crosscutting...