- Presentation | NCLB defines success exclusively as test scores, fostering strategies that compromise substantive learning. This session focuses on conceptual and theoretical frameworks for exploring this issue.
Plenary Presentation: The Opportunity Equation: Transforming Mathematics and Science Education for Citizenship and the Global Economy (Cahill)Presentation | Cahill discusses the Carnegie-Institute for Advanced Study Commission on Mathematics and Science Education’s recent report in which they challenge the nation to mobilize for coordinated action so that all students—not just a select few, or those fortunate enough to attend...
- Presentation | Project overview poster presented at 2010 DrK-12 PI meeting.
Planning Evaluations for DRK-12 Design Projects: An Evaluative Framework Using Evidence-Centered Design (Large-Scale Assessment Technical Report 5)Publication | Evaluation work is presented and discussed in terms of evaluative requirements from the National Science Foundation, and in terms of five fundamental issues that undergird practical program evaluation: social programming, knowledge construction, valuing, knowledge use, and...
Negotiation of the "presence of the text": How might teachers' language choices influence the positioning of the textbook?Publication | Chapter in Mathematics Teachers at Work: Connecting Curriculum Materials and Classroom Instruction.
Mathematics Teachers Teaching English Language Learners: What Knowledge Do They Need? (Driscoll, Heck, Chval)Presentation | Mathematics teachers of English language learners (ELLs) are increasingly expected to help ELLs learn academic language. This session focuses on the question, What knowledge do teachers of mathematics need in order to support the learning of ELLs?
- Presentation | In this session, the presenters discuss findings and experiences regarding technology-embedded assessment and how to support teachers in using it effectively.
- Presentation | This interactive session examines the different data sources for evidence of PCK in biology teachers involved in professional development experiences linked to educative curriculum materials.
- Tool | If you are submitting a proposal to lead a session at the DR K-12 PI Meeting, please use this form to check that lead presenters are invited to the meeting. This form can also be used for finding fellow invitees to collaborate on a proposal for a session.