- Publication | In this article, we review knowledge about student engagement and look ahead to the future of study in this area.
Motivational pathways to STEM career choices: Using expectancy-value perspective to understand individual and gender differences in STEM fieldsPublication | In this article, we conduct a literature review of the current knowledge surrounding individual and gender differences in STEM educational and career choices, using expectancy–value theory as a guiding framework.
Gender Gap in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM): Current Knowledge, Implications for Practice, Policy, and Future DirectionsPublication
- Publication | In this study, we conducted in-depth interviews with 106 students from sixth to twelfth grade and 34 middle and high school teachers about how they conceptualized math and science engagement and disengagement.
- Publication | This paper describes a model for differentiating professional development to address teachers’ varied knowledge, experiences, and interests.
- Publication | In this study, we analyze log data to examine the granularity of students’ interactions with automated scores and feedback and investigate the association between various students’ behaviors and their science performance
- Publication | The main goal of this project is to empirically estimate whether and which classroom factors contribute to mathematics gains of English Language Learners in Texas schools.
- Publication | This paper describes a strategic process for using formative assessment probes to gather and interpret evidence of student mathematics understandings and misconceptions and then targeting instruction to address identified needs.
Challenges to using the regression discontinuity design in educational evaluations: Lessons from the Transition to Algebra studyPublication | This article describes the use of RD design to evaluate the impact of a supplemental algebra-readiness curriculum, Transition to Algebra, on students’ mathematics outcomes.
- Publication | This study tests that logic model by comparing the high school experiences and achievement of students in ISHSs and comparison schools in North Carolina.
Responding to children’s mathematical thinking in the moment: An emerging framework of teaching movesPublication | This case study contributes to efforts to characterize teaching that is responsive to children’s mathematical thinking.
Towards teleoperation-based interactive learning of robot kinematics using a mobile augmented reality interface on a tabletPublication | This paper outlines the development of a mobile application executing on a tablet device, which renders an immersive AR-based graphical user interface to enable users to monitor, interact with, and control a four link underactuated planar robot.
- Publication | This paper presents the development of an immersive user interface on a tablet device that can be used by engineering students to interact with a motor test-bed as they examine the effects of discrete-time pole locations on the closed-loop dynamic response of the test-bed.
- Publication | This article describes a new open-source systems modeling tool called SageModeler and a curricular approach designed to support students and teachers in engaging in systems modeling.