Welcome To CADRE
Index of Conferences and Publications
For your convenience, we have compiled an index of conferences and publications to aid in disseminating your findings, models, resources, and tools to various education, research, and policy audiences. The index includes information about organizations' activities, members, conferences, and publications, with instructions for presentation and manuscript proposals. Please let us know if having this information in one place works for you!
Building the DR-K12 Student Assessment Community
In late summer or early fall (depending on PI preferences) 2009, we will convene a meeting for those of you who have DR-K12 grants that focus on assessment. This forum will provide an opportunity for assessment leaders to identify and explore important student assessment challenges from multiple perspectives and disciplines. Two major goals will be (1) to build connections across projects and stronger, clearer articulation among research, development, and assessment; and (2) to build a DR-K12 assessment community. The meeting will be the first of many over a five-year period, allowing PIs to move from sharing individual assessment projects to tackling the "bigger issues" of the collective assessment portfolio of DR-K12.
CADRE Advisory Board
We are pleased to introduce the CADRE Advisory Board who will provide advice and guidance to the CADRE leadership group. The members have diverse backgrounds, and several have been NSF PIs. The first meeting will take place on May 19th & 20th in Boston. Board members include:
- Jere Confrey, Joseph D. Moore Distinguished Professor of Mathematics Education, North Carolina State University's College of Education
- Chris Dede, Professor of Learning Technologies, Harvard Graduate School of Education
- Chad Dorsey, President of Concord Consortium
- Jonathan King, Professor of Molecular Biology, MIT
- Karen King, Professor of Mathematics Education, New York University's Steinhardt School of Culture Education and Human Development
- Okhee Lee-Salwen, Professor of Teaching and Learning, University of Miami's School of Education Angela McIver, President of Math Foundations
- Glenn Stevens, Professor of Mathematics, Boston University
- R. Don Williams, Research Director, Manager of Global Research for Education Strategies, Products and Services Group, Microsoft Corporation
- Suzanne Wilson, Professor and Chair of the Department of Teacher Education and Director of the College of Education's Center for the Scholarship of Teaching, Michigan State University
On the upcoming CADRE website, all projects will have the opportunity and space to publicize their activities, findings, and resources to DR-K12, NSF, and other audiences. We will highlight the work of the DR-K12 community by featuring projects on the home page and elsewhere on the website.
If you want additional information about CADRE or have specific questions, please contact Amy Busey (email@example.com).