This project will study implementation of an effective professional learning model for elementary science teachers that includes teacher leaders, administrators and university educators in a system perspective for improving science instruction in ways that make it sustainable.
Citations of DRK-12 or Related Work (DRK-12 work is denoted by *):
- Hayes, K. N. Preminger, L. Bae, C. L., Toven-Lindsey, B., O'Connor, D., & Seitz, J. (2020, April). Conceptualizing Teacher Learning in an Organizational Context: A Study of Elementary Science Professional Development. [Paper presentation]. American Educational Research Association Annual Meeting. San Francisco, CA.*
- Hayes, K. N. Bajo, R., & Bae, C. L. (2020, April). Motivating Teachers for Instructional Reform: Balancing Tensions between Prescriptiveness and Responsiveness. [Paper presentation]. American Educational Research Association Annual Meeting. San Francisco, CA.*
- Hayes, K. N., Bae, C. L., O'Connor, D., & Seitz, J. C., (accepted). Beyond funding: How organizational resources support science professional learning. American Journal of Education.*
- Bae, C. L., Hayes, K. N., & DeBusk-Lane, M. L. (2019). Profiles of middle school science teachers: Accounting for cognitive and motivational characteristics. Journal of Research in Science Teaching.*
- Hayes, K. N., Wheaton, M., & Tucker, D. (2019). Understanding teacher instructional change: The case of integrating NGSS and stewardship in professional development. Environmental Education Research, 25(1), 115-134.*