DRK-12 Research and Products
- Publication | The proposal for the Geniverse project. This project was proposed as NextBio; the name was subsequently changed to Geniverse.
- Presentation | Project Goals -Develop and field test a words-to-video images tool for analyzing selected features of science teaching. -Produce a Guide to Video Analysis of Science Teaching that includes a coding manual for the selected lesson features, a training guide for achieving...
- Publication | How important is discourse in the mathematics classroom? Interest in this question has grown dramatically as mathematics education has recognized the role of communication in understanding. This book presents portraits of teaching by secondary school teachers who have...
Target Inquiry: Transforming In‐Service Teacher Professional Development and Instruction in High School Chemistry (Yezierski, Herrington)Presentation | This session presents results of a four-year longitudinal, mixed-methods study showing how Target Inquiry affects teacher beliefs, transforms teacher practice, and increases student achievement.
- Presentation | Many assume that better-quality teachers will lead to improvements in the quality of teaching and,thus, student outcomes. Over the past decade, a program has been developed of research around measuring key components of mathematical teacher quality and the mathematical...
Understanding the Fidelity of Implementation and Scalability of Mathematics Professional Development Curricula (Moeller, Seago, Borko)Presentation | Three DR-K12 projects investigating the implementation of mathematics professional development programs by district-based facilitators discuss with participants their approaches to assessing fidelity and preliminary findings.
- Publication | With our conceptualization of Harré and van Langenhove’s (1999) positioning theory, we draw attention to immanent experience and read transcendent discursive practices through the moment of interaction. We use a series of spatial images as metaphors to analyze the way...
- Presentation | The session summarizes the results of research identifying pivotal experiences of career science teachers and suggests implications and applications for professional development delivery.
Unpacking Core Teaching Practices in Elementary Mathematics to Support Teacher Learning and Assessment (Boerst, Moss, Blunk)Presentation
- Presentation | This session considers teachers’ transitions from teacher-centered mathematics to student-centered mathematics, including issues of meaning, coherence, and learnability, as well as the importance of working with colleagues.
Negotiation of the "presence of the text": How might teachers' language choices influence the positioning of the textbook?Publication | Chapter in Mathematics Teachers at Work: Connecting Curriculum Materials and Classroom Instruction.