DRK-12 Research and Products
- Publication | This paper illustrates how the combination of teacher and computer guidance can strengthen collaborative revision and identifies opportunities for teacher guidance in a computer-supported collaborative learning environment.
The Role of Simulation-Enabled Design Learning Experiences on Middle School Students’ Self-generated Inherence HeuristicsPublication | This article describes the effect of simulation-enabled Learning by Design learning experiences on student-generated heuristics that can lead to solutions to problems.
How Place-based Science Education Strategies can Support Equity for Students, Teachers, and CommunitiesPublication | This brief describes how to support equity for students, teachers, and communities through place-based science education strategies.
- Tool | A compilation of resources for making your products and communications more accessible.
- Publication | Linear Algebra and Geometry is aimed at preservice and practicing high school mathematics teachers and advanced high school students looking for an addition to or replacement for calculus. The materials are organized around carefully sequenced problems that help students...
- Publication | In this Journal of Science Teacher Education article, Jarod Kawasaki and William Sandoval report on one teachers’ efforts to re-design an entire instructional unit as a coherent storyline about forces and motion as a part of a multiyear professional development project...
- Publication | Authors investigate ways to support students in integrating their understanding of density concepts through a graph that is linked to a simulation depicting the relationship between mass, volume, and density.
Analyzing Successful Teaching Practices in Middle School Science and Math Classrooms when using RoboticsPublication | This paper analyzes teaching practices that successfully integrate robotics in middle school science and math classrooms.
- Publication | The purpose of this study is to investigate students’ experimentation strategies while they work on a design challenge.
- Tool | Explore tips, resources, and toolkits on communication about research and development.
- Tool | A compilation of resources to help you determine how well your website, Facebook page, tweets, video, or email is performing and compare posts, content, and views over time.
- Publication | This paper describes how the design canvas of Kline et al. was adopted and implemented in our workshop and investigates its benefits.
- Presentation | Watch this webinar recording with experts from the American Institutes for Research (AIR) for an engaging webinar about evidence standards.
- Publication | In this article, authors demonstrate that line following via multimodal feedback is possible on touchscreens and present guidelines for the presentation of such non-visual graphical concepts.
- Publication | From 2012–2015, Advanced Placement (AP) science courses underwent a large-scale curricular reform to include more scientific inquiry and reasoning, reduce emphasis on broad content coverage, and focus on depth of understanding, with corresponding changes in high-stakes AP...