DRK-12 Research and Products
- Publication | Preschoolers investigate force and motion with a digital journal.
- Publication | This paper discusses the extent to which one case study elementary school child with identified learning disabilities (LDs) made sense of composite units and unit fractions.
Patterns Linking Interpreting and Deciding How to Respond During the Launch of a Lesson: Noticing from an Integrated PerspectivePublication | Authors describe a complementary way of studying the connections between different aspects of noticing, one that stresses the content of teachers noticing. They report on a study in which participants were shown depictions of students reacting to the launch of a complex...
Mentoring the Mentors: Hybridizing Professional Development to Support Cooperating Teachers’ Mentoring Practice in SciencePublication | This article describes key features of a hybrid professional development (PD) program that was designed to prepare elementary classroom teachers to mentor preservice teachers for effective science instruction.
- Tool | If you are developing a project communication plan, use these guiding questions to help you plan your approach and timeline for communicating about your work.
- Publication | The purpose of this report is to sketch a tentative theoretical structure with the potential to anchor curricular decisions and inform further research on early probability learning.
Scaling up innovative learning in mathematics: exploring the effect of different professional development approaches on teacher knowledge, beliefs, and instructional practicePublication | The purpose of the current study was to explore different ways for teachers to engage in Professional learning experiences (PLEs) and how these approaches might enable the field to scale up these efforts in a sustainable manner.
- Publication | This article focuses on the impacts of a program designed to prepare elementary classroom teachers to mentor preservice teachers for effective science instruction.
- Publication | This article discusses supporting inquiry in an online learning environment.
- Publication | This paper illustrates how the combination of teacher and computer guidance can strengthen collaborative revision and identifies opportunities for teacher guidance in a computer-supported collaborative learning environment.
The Role of Simulation-Enabled Design Learning Experiences on Middle School Students’ Self-generated Inherence HeuristicsPublication | This article describes the effect of simulation-enabled Learning by Design learning experiences on student-generated heuristics that can lead to solutions to problems.
- Tool | The INSPIRES project revised the RTOP rubric for use in engineering classrooms. The RTOP rubric was original developed for assessing lesson design and implementation, content-propositional knowledge, procedural knowledge, classroom culture, and student-teacher relationships.
- Publication | The purpose of this study is to investigate students’ experimentation strategies while they work on a design challenge.
Characterizing the Interplay of Cognitive and Metacognitive Knowledge in Computational Modeling and Simulation PracticesPublication | Authors discuss student dimensions of expertise when engaged in modeling and simulation practices and describe how students used their cognitive and metacognitive knowledge to approach a computational challenge.
- Presentation | Watch this webinar recording with experts from the American Institutes for Research (AIR) for an engaging webinar about evidence standards.