DRK-12 Research and Products
- Publication | This conversion mixed method study analyzed student work samples and teacher lesson plans from seven exemplary inclusive STEM high schools to better understand at what level teachers at these schools are engaging and developing student 21st Century skills.
- Publication | In this paper, the author theorizes reciprocal noticing as a relational practice through which teachers and students exchange roles as knowers by reciprocating each other’s noticing as they study mathematics concepts.
- Tool | This resource focuses on engaging learners and their families in field-based science that connects family knowledge and place-based, student-led investigations.
- Tool | Are you new to filming and editing videos? Read our tips below!
- Presentation | These slides were presented at the 2019 Annual International Conference of NARST in Baltimore, MD.
- Tool | This compilation of resources covers topics from blogging to writing policy briefs to plagiarism and copyright infringement to conference proposal writing.
Instruments to Measure Elementary Student Mindsets about Smartness and Failure in General and with respect to EngineeringPublication | The aim of this study was to assess evidence for the validity of General Mindset (GM) and Engineering Mindset (EM) surveys that we developed for fifth-grade students (ages 10-11).
- Publication | This article describes how diagrams can be a powerful tool to develop and communicate mathematical understanding for English language learners.
- Publication | Shifting people’s judgments toward the scientific involves teaching them to purposefully evaluate connections between evidence and alternative explanations.
- Publication | This article describes how research-based learning progressions can be used to enhance the analysis and response to student work.
- Tool | A guide for how to use Histories of Place in planning and instruction.
Mentoring the Mentors: Hybridizing Professional Development to Support Cooperating Teachers’ Mentoring Practice in SciencePublication | This article describes key features of a hybrid professional development (PD) program that was designed to prepare elementary classroom teachers to mentor preservice teachers for effective science instruction.
- Tool | This graphic is designed to support students, teachers, and families in thinking across timescales to understand socio-ecological relationships to place across time.
- Publication | This paper discusses the extent to which one case study elementary school child with identified learning disabilities (LDs) made sense of composite units and unit fractions.
- Tool | Funding for the National Science Foundation (NSF) is contingent on legislative support. Because of this, it is important for NSF awardees to communicate with legislators about the value and importance of their projects.