DRK-12 Research and Products
Instruments to Measure Elementary Student Mindsets about Smartness and Failure in General and with respect to EngineeringPublication | The aim of this study was to assess evidence for the validity of General Mindset (GM) and Engineering Mindset (EM) surveys that we developed for fifth-grade students (ages 10-11).
- Tool | Are you new to filming and editing videos? Read our tips below!
Mentoring the Mentors: Hybridizing Professional Development to Support Cooperating Teachers’ Mentoring Practice in SciencePublication | This article describes key features of a hybrid professional development (PD) program that was designed to prepare elementary classroom teachers to mentor preservice teachers for effective science instruction.
- Publication | The purpose of this study was to describe how families utilize science activity packs at home.
- Tool | Funding for the National Science Foundation (NSF) is contingent on legislative support. Because of this, it is important for NSF awardees to communicate with legislators about the value and importance of their projects.
- Publication | This manuscript focuses on longitudinal research with four primary inservice teachers’ learning and engagement in model-based teaching about water over three years, investigating teachers conceptualizations and practice modelling water related phenomena over time. Findings...
- Publication | Preschoolers investigate force and motion with a digital journal.
- Tool | This graphic is designed to support students, teachers, and families in thinking across timescales to understand socio-ecological relationships to place across time.
- Publication | This paper discusses the extent to which one case study elementary school child with identified learning disabilities (LDs) made sense of composite units and unit fractions.
Investigating Classroom-related Factors that Influence Student Perceptions of LEGO Robots as Educational Tools in Middle SchoolsPublication | This paper investigates classroom-related factors such as pedagogical strategies and management of robotics-based educational content that contribute to the formation of student perceptions in robotics-enhanced classes.
Patterns Linking Interpreting and Deciding How to Respond During the Launch of a Lesson: Noticing from an Integrated PerspectivePublication | Authors describe a complementary way of studying the connections between different aspects of noticing, one that stresses the content of teachers noticing. They report on a study in which participants were shown depictions of students reacting to the launch of a complex...
- Tool | If you are developing a project communication plan, use these guiding questions to help you plan your approach and timeline for communicating about your work.
- Publication | This article focuses on the impacts of a program designed to prepare elementary classroom teachers to mentor preservice teachers for effective science instruction.
- Publication | We describe an experience within mathematics teacher preparation that engages pre-service teachers of mathematics (PMTs) in Making and design practices that we hypothesized would inform their conceptual, curricular, and pedagogical thinking.
Helping K-12 Teachers Get Unstuck with Scratch: The Design of an Online Professional Learning ExperiencePublication | In this paper, authors describe the design and implementation of Getting Unstuck, a 21-day, email-based learning experience for K-12 teachers interested in developing greater familiarity and fluency with Scratch.