CADRE teamed up with NSTA to organize a Twitter chat on scientific modeling in grades K-5. The #NSTAchat Twitter chat was facilitated by NSTA. National Science Foundation-funded education researchers answered questions (such as those below) and shared their expertise. Participants shared their resources and experiences.
- What does modeling look like in the classroom?
- What makes models and modeling ‘scientific’?
- What should students do with models in the classroom?
- How do we support students to engage in scientific modeling?
- Where can we find resources on modeling in the classroom?