The 2012 NSELA Professional Development Institute (PDI) on “Leading Professional Development in Science Education” will be held in Indianapolis, IN, on Wednesday, March 28, 2012. This RFP solicits presentations from which NSELA selects all-day or half-day Institute sessions. Each session runs three hours in the morning and/or three hours in the afternoon. Each three-hour block includes a break. Sessions should directly focus on the needs of leaders in science education and address one of the following strands:
• Developing Leadership in Science Education
• Current Research on Teaching and Learning in Science
• Content-Focused Professional Development
• Designing and Evaluating Professional Development Programs
• Assessment and Professional Development
• Online Professional Development
• Partnerships that Support Professional Development
View the complete Request for Proposals for the 2012 PDI. Proposals are due by June 10, 2011.
Consider how you might share your personal expertise or how your organization/institution might share the research and products it has developed that relate to the listed strands. Keep in mind the audience includes a wide range of practitioner-leaders in science education.
If you have questions about the strands or the RFP, please contact: Janey Kaufmann, NSELA Professional Development Coordinator at 602-206-7438 or firstname.lastname@example.org.