RFP to Build Assessment Professional Development Modules
The Partnership for Assessment of Readiness for College and Careers (PARCC), a multistate consortium working together to create next generation assessments, today released a request for proposals (RFP) for the development of its Assessment Professional Development Modules. This is the final of three RFPs PARCC is releasing as part of its Non-Summative Assessments and Tools suite. The first was for the development of the PARCC Diagnostic Assessment/K-1 Formative Tools and the second was for the development of the Speaking and Listening Assessment for grades K-12.
The Assessment Professional Development Modules will be designed to support teachers, school leaders, and school site testing coordinators in understanding PARCC's comprehensive system of assessments and in learning how PARCC's non-summative assessments can support student learning. Following their development, these free online modules will be available on demand.
PARCC will develop five online training modules for teachers, school leaders, and school site testing coordinators - each with a unique purpose.
- PARCC Assessments Overview, where users will deepen their understanding of the assessment system and learn more about the "hows" and "whys" of its innovative, distributed approach to summative and non-summative assessments;
- Introduction to the PARCC Mid-Year Assessment, which will help users learn about administration and scoring options for this non-summative, optional assessment tool;
- Introduction to the PARCC Diagnostic Assessment, designed to support users in deepening their understanding of the diagnostic tool's design and its use in informing classroom instruction;
- Introduction to the PARCC Speaking and Listening Assessment, where users will review examples of scoring rubrics and the types of tasks in which students will engage; and,
- PARCC Accessibility System Overview, which will help users learn more about the features built into the computer-based testing platform for students with disabilities, English language learners, and other students.
Together, the modules will support educators in:
- Understanding PARCC's comprehensive system of assessments;
- Administering and using the non-summative assessments (including the Diagnostic, Mid-Year, and Speaking and Listening Assessments);
- Interpreting data from the non-summative assessments to support instruction; and
- Understanding the supports and accommodations available to students taking the PARCC assessments.
Additional professional development materials will be available separately that focus solely on PARCC's Performance-Based and End-of-Year summative assessments.
More information about the modules can be found at http://www.parcconline.org/professional-learning-modules-parcc-assessments.
Vendors should sign up for information through http://www.parcconline.org/Procurement.
For more information or questions about the RFP and the procurement process, please email: email@example.com.
The RFP can be found at http://www.parcconline.org/Procurement. Proposals will be accepted through November 1, 2013.
Media Contact: Lesley Muldoon, 202-419-1550, firstname.lastname@example.org