This Dear Colleague Letter encourages the submission of funding requests for supplements to NSF grants to connect with the NSF INCLUDES Network and supplemental funding requests for DDLPs to continue to participate in network activities.
NSF welcomes supplemental funding requests from:
- Active NSF INCLUDES Design and Development Launch Pilot awards to maintain linkages to the NSF INCLUDES National Network by supporting DDLP efforts to collect data, communicate and participate in activities with the NSF INCLUDES Coordination Hub and NSF INCLUDES Network. The amount of supplemental funding requested must: (1) be less than 20% of the original award amount; and (b) not exceed $15,000 in direct costs.
- Any active NSF awards outside of the NSF INCLUDES National Network to develop:
- Opportunities among currently funded NSF projects, including NSF broadening participation projects and projects from the other Ten Big Ideas for Future NSF Investments or other major Foundation investments, with the goal to build a collaborative infrastructure for broadening participation in NSF-funded research activities;
- Linkages between current activities including working with the NSF INCLUDES Coordination Hub, Alliances, and Design and Development Launch Pilots to adopt common goals, shared measures, and mutually reinforcing activities;
- New ideas to bring a community of NSF-funded projects into the NSF INCLUDES National Network.
The amount of supplemental funding requested must: (a) be less than 20% of the original award amount; and (b) not exceed $200,000 in direct costs.
Supplemental funding requests must be received by 5 p.m., submitter's local time on May 6, 2019.
Awardees of NSF grants from any directorate with an end date prior to September 15, 2019 may request supplemental funding. To be competitive, the supplemental funding must have the potential to enhance both the Intellectual Merit and Broader Impacts of the existing project.
Eligible Principal Investigators are strongly encouraged to contact both their cognizant NSF Program Director(s) and the NSF INCLUDES team at NSFINCLUDES@nsf.govby April 22, 2019 to discuss their request for supplemental support prior to submitting to NSF.
Funding is dependent on the availability of funds. Supplemental funding requests should be prepared and submitted in accordance with the guidance in the NSF Proposal & Award Policies & Procedures Guide (PAPPG).
Each supplemental funding request must include "NSF INCLUDES DCL NSF 19-042 Supplement" in the first sentence of the summary section of the proposal.
Read the full Dear Colleague Letter.