Learn More About Science Learning+ and How To Network with Other Practitioners and Researchers
NSF and the Wellcome Trust in the UK recently posted solicitations for a joint initiative, Science Learning+.
See the NSF solicitation at: http://nsf.gov/funding/pgm_summ.jsp?pims_id=504793.
See the Wellcome Trust funding announcement at: http://www.wellcome.ac.uk/News/Media-office/Press-releases/2014/WTP056218.htm.
Three opportunities will occur this month to learn more about Science Learning+, and to begin developing partners and networks to include in the Science Learning+ Planning Proposals due Thursday, July 10, 2014:
1. Now Available: A PowerPoint and accompanying audio commentary are posted on the NSF web site: http://www.nsf.gov/events/event_summ.jsp?cntn_id=131306&org=NSF.
On Thursday, May 15 – From 1:00pm to 2:30pm ET, NSF will host a Q and A Conference Call to answer any questions you have. NSF asks that you view the PowerPoint and listen to the audio before participating in the conference call on May 15. The entire phone call will be dedicated to answering questions. The call-in number and pin for the conference call is on the web site with the PowerPoint.
2. Now Available: The Wellcome Trust has developed a Grou.ps website where individuals can post information relevant to Science Learning+, including:
- Individuals or organizations interested in participating in a Science Learning+ partnership, along with the expertise they bring to a partnership.
- A partnership or organization looking for others to partner with around a specific area of research.
- Key documents or summary of conversations that may be of interest to practitioners and researchers in the field who may apply for a grant.
3. Later in May: NSF and The Wellcome Trust will host Open Space discussion events that allow interested practitioners and researchers to gather in two locations (London and DC) to discuss topics of interest and relevance to the Science Learning+ initiative. The events will also allow for networking to occur for those people looking for appropriate partners.
The DC event is: Friday, May 23rd – 12:30pm to 5:30pm – National Science Foundation, 4201 Wilson Blvd, Arlington, VA 22230, Room 375
Registration is required. More specific details and how to register will be posted as soon as they are available.