RPP Internship Program for Graduate Students Call for Applications
The Research + Practice Collaboratory is pleased to introduce its Research-Practice Partnership (RPP) Internship Program. The Collaboratory team at the University of Colorado Boulder is organizing this program to increase RPP capacity building with support from the National Science Foundation. The internship is designed to provide doctoral students with a short-term opportunity to gain apprenticeship with an RPP-specific skill set that is not generally available in students’ graduate program experiences. Throughout the internship, interns will grapple with the following questions:
- How do I figure out something in collaboration with a team?
- How do I organize co-design? (Apprenticeship as a peripheral participant)
- How do I implement research measures that can inform timely improvement for the design process?
Five partnerships are interested in hosting and mentoring an RPP intern:
1. California Tinkering Afterschool Network (CTAN): This partnership seeks to document implementation of effective STEM-rich tinkering/making programs in afterschool (e.g., teaching, learning, professional development, etc.) through joint research and creation of professional development resources.
2. EDC Auburn School Department Early Math Initiative: Collaboratively develop and investigate strategies to improve mathematics learning in early grades classrooms implementing a 1:1 iPad initiative in Auburn, ME
3. Inquiry Hub (iHub): Collaboratively design NGSS‐aligned curriculum materials with teachers and district leaders in Denver Public Schools
4. Middle School Mathematics and the Institutional Setting of Teaching (MIST): This project seeks to develop an empirically grounded theory of action for improving the quality of mathematics instruction at scale.
5. Seattle‐Renton Science Education Partnership: Collaboratively design professional development with local districts, focused on the vision of the K‐12 Framework for Science Education and NGSS.
In addition to the specific opportunities provided by the hosting institution, each intern will be invited to participate in Collaboratory‐wide events and have opportunities to engage with the broader network of partners.
READ THE FULL CALL FOR APPLICATIONS.