TIPS FOR A SUCCESSFUL WEBINAR
You can find tips for successfully planning, promoting, and hosting a webinar online, no matter the platform:
- eLearning’s Top 7 Tips to Be a Successful Webinar Host.
- TechSoup’s 10 Steps for Planning a Successful Webinar.
FREE WEBINAR OPTIONS
- The Best Screencasting Software for Teachers
Andrew Douch’s blog lists the pros and cons of different screencasting software options.
- Big Blue Button
Big Blue Button is an open-source Web conferencing option that has education in mind. They just recently teamed up with Moodle.
- Facebook-Skype Video Calling: A Getting-Started Guide
This step-by-step guide discusses how to start using Skype via Facebook today. Facebook’s Skype integration offers face-to-face time and screensharing (free for one-on-one calls).
- Microsoft Educator Community and Skype in the Classroom
Skype offers a free and easy way to open up your classroom to experts and teachers from around the world through the Microsoft Educator Community. Not sure how to incorporate Skype into your classroom? Check out Edudemic’s article, 50 Powerful Ways to Use Skype in the Classroom.
- Google Hangouts
This free platform can host up to 10 video feeds, allows screensharing, and even has some fun icebreaker features such as adding hats to your video feed!
Zoom is an easy to use platform. Its free plan allows you to host unlimited one to one meetings, but limits group meetings (up to 50 participants) to 40 mins.
A COMPARISON OF (FREE AND PAID) WEBINAR OPTIONS
- The Elegant Themes Blog hosts The 15 Best Webinar Software Products from Around the Web.
- Top Ten Reviews hosts The Best Webinar Services of 2016.