From Pilots to Products: Notes from a Gathering of Researchers and Developers at the 2018 DRK-12 PI MeetingTool | This document captures the ideas and experiences shared by DRK–12 awardees who attended a forum to explore different routes toward product sustainability. It includes notes on types of DRK-12 products, use and adoption of products, resources needed to support dissemination...
Traveling Teacher Professional Development Model: Local Interpretation and Adaptation of Lesson Study in FloridaPublication | The chapter discusses the underlying views of teacher professional development and the teaching profession in the U.S. that played an important role in the adaptation process of lesson study.
Race to the Top and Lesson Study Implementation in Florida: District Policy and Leadership for Teacher Professional DevelopmentPublication | Based on a mixed methods study of a statewide survey and interviews of district professional development directors, we found that district requirement of lesson study, funding provision, and future sustainability plan were significantly and positively associated with a...
- Publication | Based on a teacher survey of lesson study, this study found that facilitators’ focus on student thinking, the quality of materials, and duration of lesson study were significantly associated with teacher participation in an effective inquiry process, which in turn is...
Integrating STEM into Preschool Education: Designing a Professional Development Model in Diverse SettingsPublication | In this article, the authors outline the main components and the iterative design process we undertook to ensure that the professional supports are relevant and effective for teachers and children.
Opportunities to Participate (OtP) in Science Survey: Examining Differences Longitudinally and Across Socioeconomically Diverse SchoolsPublication | The purpose of this study was to develop and validate a survey of opportunities to participate (OtP) in science that will allow educators and researchers to closely approximate the types of learning opportunities students have in science classrooms.
- Publication | Features approaches for leveraging PCK research in STEM learning across formal and informal settings.
- Publication | Authors discuss insights from research on K-16 climate education.
- Publication | Shifting people’s judgments toward the scientific involves teaching them to purposefully evaluate connections between evidence and alternative explanations.
Scaffolding scientific thinking: Students’ evaluations and judgments during Earth science knowledge constructionPublication | The present paper documents a quasi-experimental study where high school Earth science students completed these instructional scaffolds, including an explanation task scored for evaluative levels (erroneous, descriptive, relational, and critical), along with measures of...
- Tool | The MEL project has developed a set of teaching resources to support the teaching of controversial and/or complex Earth and space science topics.
- Tool | Dr. Jessica Hunt studies how these children think and learn and is developing novel teaching methods that facilitate mathematics learning for students with learning disabilities.
- Publication | The goal for this proceeding is to foster the conversation about validation using examples and to communicate information about validation in ways that are broadly accessible.
- Publication | The study’s purpose is to describe content validity evidence related to new problem-solving measures currently under development.
Transitioning from textbook to classroom instruction in mathematics: The case of an expert Chinese teacherPublication | This study reports how an expert Chinese teacher implements mathematics textbook lessons in enacted instruction.