- Tool | Funding for the National Science Foundation (NSF) is contingent on legislative support. Because of this, it is important for NSF awardees to communicate with legislators about the value and importance of their projects.
- Publication | This resource provides access to a classroom video of a lesson from the project's middle school ecosystems unit, and the related student scaffold and scoring rubric.
- Publication | This resource provides access to the entire middle school ecosystems unit, along with the EQuIP review.
- Publication | This blog post includes the link to 4 videos of teachers using the project's middle school ecosystems unit.
Science as experience, exploration, and experiments: elementary teachers’ notions of ‘doing science’Publication | This study begins to reframe the deficit approach to research in science teaching by privileging the experiences elementary teachers have had with science – both in and out of schools – throughout their lives. This work demonstrates that teachers’ storied lives are...
- Publication | In this article, authors introduce the design of a science teaching video club and present a study of its implementation.
Teachers’ Noticing of Students’ Thinking in Science Through Classroom Artifacts: In What Ways Are Science and Engineering Practices Evident?Publication | Building on the work of teacher noticing, this study investigated teachers’ noticing of students’ thinking evident in artifacts from their science teaching context.
- Publication | The study examines geometry teachers' video club discussions in a two-year professional development intervention that combined lesson study, video clubs, and animation discussions to promote teacher noticing of students' prior knowledge.
- Publication | This chapter focused on learning and teaching measurement.
- Publication | In this paper, authors present the causal loop diagrams developed to explain the relationships between the actors and attributes involved in implementing EarSketch in a particular school setting. The diagram allows us to better make decisions that ensure both an engaging...
- Publication | This article focused on equitable mathematics instruction for U.S. and Korean preservice teachers.
Moving toward approximations of practice in teacher professional development: Learning to summarize a problem-based lessonPublication | This article focuses on problem-based lessons in teacher professional development.
- Publication | In this paper, authors explore collaborative music live coding (CMLC) using the live coding environment and pedagogical tool EarSketch. In particular, we examine the use of turn-taking and a customized chat window inspired by the practice of pair programming, a team-based...
Directing focus and enabling inquiry with representations of practice: Written cases, storyboards, and teacher educationPublication | In this conference paper, authors discuss affordances and liabilities of using a storyboard to depict a written case of a teacher’s dilemma that involves race, opportunity to learn, and student community.
Children’s Measurement: A Longitudinal Study of Children’s Knowledge and Learning of Length, Area, and VolumePublication | This monograph is a report on a four-year-long multisite longitudinal study that studied children’s thinking and learning about geometric measurement (i.e., length, area, and volume).