- Publication | This chapter focused on learning and teaching measurement.
- Publication | In this paper, authors present the causal loop diagrams developed to explain the relationships between the actors and attributes involved in implementing EarSketch in a particular school setting. The diagram allows us to better make decisions that ensure both an engaging...
- Publication | This article focused on equitable mathematics instruction for U.S. and Korean preservice teachers.
Moving toward approximations of practice in teacher professional development: Learning to summarize a problem-based lessonPublication | This article focuses on problem-based lessons in teacher professional development.
- Publication | In this paper, authors explore collaborative music live coding (CMLC) using the live coding environment and pedagogical tool EarSketch. In particular, we examine the use of turn-taking and a customized chat window inspired by the practice of pair programming, a team-based...
Directing focus and enabling inquiry with representations of practice: Written cases, storyboards, and teacher educationPublication | In this conference paper, authors discuss affordances and liabilities of using a storyboard to depict a written case of a teacher’s dilemma that involves race, opportunity to learn, and student community.
Children’s Measurement: A Longitudinal Study of Children’s Knowledge and Learning of Length, Area, and VolumePublication | This monograph is a report on a four-year-long multisite longitudinal study that studied children’s thinking and learning about geometric measurement (i.e., length, area, and volume).
Designing Simulations to Learn About Pre-service Teachers’ Capabilities with Eliciting and Interpreting Student ThinkingPublication | This chapter focuses on the design of simulation assessments to learn about pre-service teachers’ capabilities with eliciting and interpreting student thinking.
- Publication | This conference paper explains how EarSketch affects student persistence.
- Publication | This column provides ideas and techniques to enhance your science teaching.
- Publication | This study examines how students’ engineering notebooks across four units of the curriculum Engineering is Elementary (EiE) support student work during design challenges.
Evaluation of three interventions teaching area measurement as spatial structuring to young childrenPublication | In this article, authors evaluated the effects of three instructional interventions designed to support young children’s understanding of area measurement as a structuring process.
Examining the Mathematical Knowledge for Teaching of Proving in Scenarios Written by Pre-service TeachersPublication | This chapter examines what aspects of Mathematical Knowledge for Teaching of Proving (MKT-P) can be observed in written scenarios of classroom interactions, produced by pre-service teachers of mathematics.
- Publication | Ambitious Science Teaching outlines a powerful framework for science teaching to ensure that instruction is rigorous and equitable for students from all backgrounds. The practices presented in the book are being used in schools and districts that seek to improve science...
Uncovering the Skills That Preservice Teachers Bring to Teacher Education: The Practice of Eliciting a Student’s ThinkingPublication | This article reports a study of the specific knowledge of and skills with teaching practice that novices bring to teacher education with respect to one teaching practice, eliciting student thinking in elementary mathematics, and describes the use of a standardized teaching...