- Publication | This tool is designed for early career STEM education researchers to offer tips for pursuing careers in academia. The advice largely comes from National Science Foundation-funded awardees who have graciously shared information about their own career pathways, work...
- Tool | This guide is for DR K-12 awardees to learn about the support and resources on the cadrek12.org site.
- Publication | This tool is designed for early career STEM education researchers to offer tips for writing grant proposals. The advice largely comes from National Science Foundation-funded awardees who have graciously shared information about their own proposal writing experiences. Their...
- Presentation | This AERA structured poster session shed light on the DR K-12 portfolio of transformative research in mathematics education.
MoDeLS: Would you drink the liquid that came from this dirty water? A 5th grade unit on evaporation and condensation investigating the phenomenon of a solar stillPublication | A curriculum unit developed through a collaboration between Michigan State University, Northwestern University, the University of Michigan, Wright State University and 5th grade teachers from Kinawa 5th-6th public school that enables students to develop and revise models...
- Publication | Helping Students Make Sense of the World Using Next Generation Science and Engineering Practices was developed for K–12 science teachers, curriculum developers, teacher educators, and administrators. These authors and many others contributed to the Framework’s initial...
- Publication | We conduct qualitative analyses of one of the lesson sequences, in which a popular simulation was used in eight high school physics class sections, half in whole class discussion and half in small groups.
- Publication | Explore disciplinary core ideas with the help of computer simulations that can be projected to promote engagement.
Co-Constructing Models in High School Physics: Comparing Degrees of Teacher and Student Participation in Whole Class DiscussionsPublication | In this study, we analyzed the participation of teachers and students during their co-construction of explanatory models for concepts in circuit electricity in two high school physics classes.
- Publication | This study investigates strategies teachers use to support mental imagery during model-based science class discussions.
Large Scale Scientific Modeling Practices that Can Influence Science Instruction at the Unit and Lesson LevelsPublication | In this study we articulate a multi-level scientific Modeling Practices Framework derived from expert studies on model based teaching strategies in classrooms and examine its usefulness in an actual classroom context.
- Publication | This paper describes model construction practices used by scientifically trained experts.
- Tool | List of non-academic organizations in the field of STEM education research and development.
- Tool | List of postdoc opportunities and related resources.
- Publication | Effective as of January 2017, NSF's Prospective New Awardee Guide includes information on federal requirements, NSF points of contact and frequently asked questions, grantee standards, and indirect costs.